Why New “HOPE” Counseling & Wellness Center?HOPE is having the expectation that good will come.
HOPE has been identified as a key component of the recovery process in mental illness.
HOPE is possibly a prerequisite for recovery, a trigger for healing, and predicts the likelihood of sustaining treatment gains.
HOPE is real and available to everyone.
If you are experiencing difficulties managing your thoughts, emotions, feelings, behaviors and/or communicating with others… there is HOPE for you.
Are you feeling anxious or depressed? Are you having conflict with your significant other or at work?
Are your goals to improve communication, gain self-awareness, or implement healthy coping skills?
Counseling can also help you improve communication, gain self-awareness, and implement healthy coping skills.
Sometimes we develop strategies to escape negative feelings, criticism, shame, guilt, or other discomfort.
The longer you avoid or repress your feelings, the more likely you are to experience anxiety or depression.
Understanding and connecting to our feelings allows us to experience happiness, build and maintain healthy relationships.
We will work together to identify what is currently troubling you. We’ll discuss your symptoms, triggers and their causes. We will develop a plan that is best for you.
We will work together to establish goals and a plan; however, this can be modified as we move forward.
New Hope Counseling & Wellness Center works with the following...
Eating Disorders & Body Image
Trauma & PTSD
Infertility & Women's Health
Domestic Abuse/Violence (Victim)
Self-Injury & Self-Harm
Anxiety, including Social Anxiety
Alcohol & Substance Use
Grief & Loss
Life Transitions & Stress Management
Guilt & Shame
We are all shaped by our past, present, and ongoing experiences. The way in which we handle life’s disruptions, difficulties, and stress is deeply personal. Therapy is a great way to process these feelings in a safe and nurturing environment.
Discover the values, beliefs, and feelings contributing to your thoughts, feelings, and behaviors. Discover how these may be affecting your relationships.
I offer an individualized approach based on the assessment, goals, and needs.
I implement evidence based treatment interventions in a collaborative team approach with you.
- Cognitive and Behavioral interventions to treat a variety of problems arising in adolescence and adulthood including: trauma, addictions, and eating disordered behaviors.
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) examines challenging thought processes or situations an individual might be having and then develops alternate viewpoints. I have a Certificate in Cognitive Behavioral Therapy which provides advanced training in using this approach for a variety of conditions.
- Dialectical Behavioral Therapy (DBT)- Both individual and group.
- Trauma-Informed Care, Mindfulness and Body Integration, and Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT).
The success of therapy depends mainly on these factors:
- The quality of the relationship between you and your therapist (therapeutic alliance).
- Your ability to be open about your thoughts and feelings and experience those feelings in the session.
- Your ability to commit to your therapy and be consistent.
New Hope Counseling & Wellness Center provides a safe, supportive, and non-judgmental place to explore your individual needs in counseling.
I can integrate faith into your treatment plan if this is something that is important to you.
Why see a therapist?Some people think you only see a therapist if you have a major mental illness; however, this is not the case. You visit your primary care doctor for a regular wellness check, right? There are several benefits to seeing a therapist.
- You want to increase your confidence and self-acceptance
- You want to improve your relationships: marriage, family, and others
- You want to be a great parent
- You are going through fertility treatment and need support
- You are pregnant and need support
- You want a better career
- You have big goals
- You want to understand your purpose in life
- You need time each week to focus on yourself
- You need to practice communication skills
- You need to let go of something
I will work collaboratively with you to identify and address your concerns allowing you to make meaningful changes in your life.
New Hope Counseling & Wellness Center focuses on your strengths and guides you toward achieving wellness, happiness, and success in your life. My goal is to help you feel your best through our mind, body, and spirit approach to healing.